a year in review

filipa canic, youarethepoet, filipa canic blog, you are the poet blog, fashion blog, personal style blog, zaful, new year's dress,
filipa canic, youarethepoet, filipa canic blog, you are the poet blog, fashion blog, personal style blog, zaful, new year's dress,
filipa canic, youarethepoet, filipa canic blog, you are the poet blog, fashion blog, personal style blog, zaful, new year's dress,
filipa canic, youarethepoet, filipa canic blog, you are the poet blog, fashion blog, personal style blog, zaful, new year's dress,


dress *ZAFUL, sold out, shop similar

photos by Filip


Happy New Year! Let's hope 2017 will bring joy, health and peace to us all. I complained about 2016 throughout the entire year, and when I look back, I must say that personally, to me, it wasn't as harsh as I imagined it to be. True, I have been struggling and I stand behind everything I said in my personal post, but I learned so many new things, met so many people and changed my life drastically. If I stop for a second and think, I am exactly where I want to be now, and that is good. 

Among other things, what I also learned is that:

  • I don't appreciate myself enough; and I need to start working and that, but it's good I realized it
  • I'm surrounded by people who are worth being around. Be, Terez, Meliha & Mario, I'm really thankful I had the opportunity to meet you, be a part of your lives and that I can call myself your friend. There are no words I can use to describe how amazing you are!
  • There is only one Marija. My sister means the world to me. Yes, we argue a lot, and we get angry and say things we don't mean, but we both know we love each other and would do anything for each other, so thank you for existing Chibeah ♥

And something I want to do/change this year. Resolutions, again.

  • MAKE YOURSELF A PRIORITY (don't settle for being someone's sometime) 
  • THINK BEFORE YOU DECIDE, THEN THINK AGAIN
  • LEARN TO SAY NO, YOU CAN'T MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY
  • STILL, GIVE PEOPLE A CHANCE

And a quote I stumbled upon on Tumblr. I couldn't find the author, but we can always use a bit of inspiration: "Some days it storms, some days it shines. This is how flo(we)rs grow."

---

The moment I saw this dress, I knew I was spending the New Year's Eve in it. I've already declared my love for Zaful and their dresses. Unfortunately, this dress has been sold out, but you can find a lot of similar ones on the site. Link to shop, here




11 comments:

  1. This is always what I want to do with my blog, to have a year-ender review. Since, I am new to this, there is nothing I would review on our website. For now, I am glad and difinitely agree on all you said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you too! Such a stunning dress! Looks amazing on you! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! Love that Zaful dress. They sell so much awesome stuff. I love this honest review it is great to read post that are so open and honest about their own life. It is so important to appreciate yourself and accept yourself before others. It is lovely to hear that you have a good relationship with your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! I can totally agree about complaining about 2016, but then when I look back I can see that there's a reason for everything. I am grateful for the things that made me see the bigger picture. As you said, I am exactly where I want to be now.
    P.S. I like your resolutions, they seem strong and confident.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice resolutions. Some are very deep and require years to accomplish. Self confidence takes time, but this is something we should always aim for. After all, you're the woman of your life!

    Mika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year! You have some great resolutions! Make yourself a priority is a great one. And I'm sure we all forget about that one too fast. Learn to say no, is also so important! And it works :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a pretty dress you have out there. I love black dresses and the one in long pattern is just amazing. I am gonna look for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've learned so many important things. It also sounds like you had a pretty good 2016. I wish you all the best for 2017 :-) !

    ReplyDelete
  9. happy new year too. I love the dresses. They are so beautiful never knew zaful has alot as this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you are surrounded with wonderful people. I also learned from what you shared, i will probably use some of the things you want to change :) I love the quote and your dress, you look really beautiful :)

    Ruth I.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you are surrounded with wonderful people. I also learned from what you share and definitely use some of the things that you want to change. I love the quote and your dress, you look really beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete

© Filipa Canic 2012.-2017. All rights reserved.