when I was just a little girl

If you met your little self, what would you tell him/her? 

I was watching old family albums and wanted to share my photos here. I'm the blonde girl with the pink headband (just in case you don't know, but I think it's pretty obvious), and the girl next to me is my sister and the old lady is my granny.
My sister and I had a "photoshooting" with my cousin that day. We loved to try different poses out because we wanted to be models when we grow up, haha.

I remember, I changed so many dream jobs. I wanted to be a teacher, a model, a fashion designer, an artist, a professional thief and so many others. 
When I look at all the things I lusted for when I was little, I wonder if I actually did any of them.
Would the little me be happy with who I've become? The answer is, I don't know.
With growing up, our desires change, the way we look at the world. It all changes.
I'm not the same girl I used to be a year ago, not to mention further. 
I try not to look at the past. I'm one of those people who say you shouldn't regret anything you did, because at that precise moment you chose to do it like that and it's what makes you who you are today.

I haven't made all of my dreams come true, and probably some of them won't come true at all, but I won't give up. I'll try to do what I think it's the best for me and I know that I'll be happy. 
You just have to look at the world and smile.
So, if I met the little me, I'm sure she'd be satisfied with who she became. Cause after all, she had a good life. 





14 comments:

  1. What a nice post- it is fun to look back at old photos and reminisce. How innocent we were! The world was our oyster - but then life happens. I like that you tried out so many things in terms of your life work, because that way you learn what you do and don't like.

    Good luck in your journey!

    Zahra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! First the photo's of you are so adorable :) makes me want to go dig into oldy albums of my own.
    And I get the feeling, there are so many things I would like to tell my younger self, to have been stronger, to have tried things, not to be afraid of what others think. But then again all what has happened shaped who I am now and we can only learn from our mistakes and we can only shape our future :)
    Very inspiring and thoughtful post!
    Maya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ow :3 Sweet post! If I met the little ver of me, I prolly told her to keep on dreaming and thinking in the same way. If I told her all it would sound like sci-fi. (I was a kid in the 1980, none had heard of internet and the 1st mobile phone I saw was a gigantic "car-phone" in the late 1980's O.o!)
    When I was a kid, I wanted to work in a cruise ship btw, and that happened for real, I spent some months spinning records in a cruiser's nightclub. Sadly I didn't like it ;)
    x, Lara
    http://rockteraptor.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this post!!Kisses from www.stylepicture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Obozavam stare fotografije :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. aw this was so cute- i wanted to be a teacher or a writer the whole time i was little. i bet if little me saw my office job she'd probably scrunch her nose and go ewwww, but my side projects are really fun! haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ma bila si ko secer! Divne fotografije.Na svu srecu pa ih imamo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A goooood question!! I think we all in some way, go through the same thought process, if we look back over the years and wonder if our younger self would have been happy.

    If I'm honest I would say no, but It's so difficult to be content in life. When I was younger I always had my heads in the clouds, I sometimes still do, it's difficult to live up that in real life :)

    I would probably wreck the younger me if I told her anything, ending up ruining the universe in some sort of space-time continuum!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this post and cute child photos. I remember I wanted to be a Broadway star for the longest time. If I had the talent, I would be haha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Besutiful pics. Thanks for sharing! <3

    ReplyDelete

© Filipa Canic 2012.-2017. All rights reserved.